Pre School to Foundation Transition
Our Foundation students come from over 20 different Child Care Centres, kindergartens, pre schools and Early Learning Centres. Moving from these small settings to primary school can be very daunting for children (and parents too!). At Parkdale Primary School we offer many opportunities to assist our future students and their families. These include:
- Booking a tour with our Principal Leanne Bradney or Assistant Principal Tracy Richards.
- Kindergarten group visits with time in a Foundation Classroom and the playground with a teacher.
- A ‘Prep Experience’ in May for families not able to attend our Kinder Visits in April.
- Strong connections with local Pre School staff.
- An opportunity for parents to discuss any concerns they may have with our Transition Co-ordinator, prior to school starting.
- A Parent Information Evening in November.
- Information Booklets and Helpful Hints.
- Transition Sessions with Foundation teachers in November and December.
- A morning Transition session in December where students are placed with their future teacher and peers.
- A ‘Prep Picnic’ for current and future Foundation Students in December.
Please feel free to contact the school and speak to our Foundation and Transition Co-ordinator, Jackie Sell, if you have any further questions.