CSEF Financial Assistance



Every Victorian child should have access to the world of learning opportunities that exist beyond the classroom. The Camps, Sports and Excursions Fund will ensure that no student will miss out on the opportunity to join their classmates for important, educational and fun activities.


School camps provide children with inspiring experiences in the great outdoors, excursions encourage a deeper understanding of how the world works and sports teach teamwork, discipline and leadership. All are part of a healthy curriculum.


CSEF will be provided by the Victorian Government to assist eligible families to cover the costs of school trips, camps and sporting activities.


If you hold a valid means-tested concession card or are a temporary foster parent, you may be eligible for CSEF. The allowance will be paid to the school to use towards expenses relating to camps, excursions, or sporting activities for the benefit of your child.


For full details on eligibility and for more information about the CSEF visit https://www.vic.gov.au/camps-sports-and-excursions-fund or download a fact sheet HERE.


The annual 2024 CSEF amount per student will be:

  1. $150 for primary school students
  2. $250 for secondary school students.

How to Apply

Contact the school office to obtain a CSEF application form or click HERE.


Key dates for submitting an application

Applications open in Term 1 for 2024 payments.

CSEF applications form due at the school by 23 June 2024.

The Victorian Government do not accept any late applications.


Please note the CSEF system only allows one application per student. Parents/carers in shared custody situations (who both hold a concession card) must decide beforehand who applies for the CSEF at the school on behalf of the relevant student.

The CSEF is for the benefit of the parent/carer who is in receipt of the CSEF.


If you applied for CSEF at Parkdale Primary last year, you do not need to complete an application form this year unless there has been a change in your family circumstances. You only need to complete an application form if any of the following changes have occurred:

• new student enrolments; your child has started or changed schools this year.

• changed family circumstances; such as a change of custody, change of name, concession card number, or new siblings commencing this year.


Check with the school office if you are unsure.


© Copyright 2020 Parkdale Primary School